Yield: 2 dinner servings
Summer grilling at its best. So simple ~ so delicious.
- 2 – 8 ounce tuna steaks (We buy wild-caught from Spain.)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Citrus-Pepper Seasoning from the Fanciful Collection by Merchant Spice Co.
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a spiralizer, prepare zucchini ‘noodles’ using the spaghetti size spiralizer blade (3 x 3 mm).
- Place the zucchini in a covered roasting dish accompanied by about ¼ cup thinly sliced white onion, 1 garlic scape sliced (or 1 large garlic clove, minced), turmeric seasoned extra virgin olive oil (to coat) and finely ground Himalayan pink sea salt, to taste.
- Roast at 450°F for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Add 1 cup shredded fresh basil leaves.
- Your zucchini noodles are ready to serve.
- Bring 1½ cups of artesian spring water to a boil with ¼ teaspoon each of safflower petals and Spanish saffron, along with 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- When at a boil, add 1 cup of couscous.
- Off the heat and allow the couscous to ‘steam’ for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano leaves and Aleppo pepper, to taste.
Combine all of your marinade ingredients, into which you will place your tuna steaks. Marinate for 4-6 hours, turning once.
Grill over a wood fire (hickory and cherry woods work well) until done to your likeness. Serve with zucchini and couscous.
A crisp & refreshing white wine suits this light summer meal to perfection.